Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nothing like the smell of justice in the morning!

There are few things in life that I enjoy more than then enjoying my morning coffee as I prepare myself for the day. Coffee has been a part of my morning routine for a very long time...probably long that it should have been. When I lived with my parents, my dad would get up early for work and would make a pot of coffee, drinking one cup at home and taking a second one for the ride to work. The rest would go into the thermos, and when I'd get up there would be fresh coffee for me to enjoy before school.

Today I'm enjoying a cup of dark roast from one of my favorite brands Kicking Horse. You can find their coffee in many large chain grocery stores. They've got a neat website - visit it by clicking on the link embedded in their name above. Their product is Fair Trade, and they make donations to the Nature Conservancy of Canada a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting  natural lands and preserving ecosystems.

There is nothing like the smell of social and environmental justice in the morning!

Well - time to get a move on, the day is a wastin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment