Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Enjoying Fair Trade products at Work

Wow is it cold out there today. My car, bless it's little engine, was pretty unhappy with me this morning.

Me: Good morning car, let's get me to work!

Car: Whaaaaaaaaat? In this weather? Come on man, can't you just call in sick or something?

Me: No car - we've been through this before. If I don't go in, I fall behind. Besides, you're a pretty young thing, you'll only be cold for a few minutes but once we get going - you'll be fine. You've been plugged in for 5 hours now after all.

Car: Dude, it's like minus 50 out here. Can't you just go to work in April?

Me: Stop exaggerating, and don't call me dude.

Car: Whatever.

Me: Let's go. (Turn key)

Car: Ah........Ah.......Ah......Ah......err.....err.....err........ah......ahhhhhhokay. But i'm not happy with you.

Me: I understand.


Lots of tea's to choose from!
Despite my car's complaining I made it to work. First task? Make some Fair Trade Coffee for the office...which at the time I usually arrive is just me....but man, am I appreciative of the effort! At work, as I've noted before, all of our Coffee is Fair Trade (including the decaf), and most of our Teas are as well. The ones that aren't are grown and produced in North America (and therefore are governed by our labour and environmental laws)

Our office coffee provider is Quality Vending here in Winnipeg. A couple of years ago, when our company first began promoting the Fair Trade Manitoba One Month Challenge, I was responsible for working with our Quality Vending representative to source Fair Trade coffee and teas. They were great to work with, and were able to meet our needs. Now - I start every work day of the year with a steaming cup of Fair Trade Coffee. The perfect cure to a Manitoba winter morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment