Friday, March 4, 2011

Green Beaning it this morning.

As a thank you for participating in their social marketing experiment during this year's One Month Challenge, Fair Trade Manitoba, provided each of their bloggers with a treat basket with various Fair Trade products to try. This morning I used two and they both relate to my favorite coffee band - Green Bean Coffee Imports. Green Bean is owned and operated just north of the great City of Selkirk. They import Fair Trade coffee, and roast it right here in Manitoba. The owner Derryl Reid is an amazing guy, and has been a strong supporter of Fair Trade Manitoba and the One month Challenge.

Green Bean provided each blogger with a neat little travel mug, and a sample size of one of their blends. This morning I cracked open the package and enjoyed the delectable coffee on my ride to work. I couldn't help but snicker at all those suckers sitting in the Tim Horton's drive thru line. Hey people, Don't you value your time? Much less the $1.16 a litre gas you waste. Oh yeah and the coffee tastes like...well decidedly not as good as my freshly roasted, fairly traded, local-job-creating cup of Green Bean Coffee. (I just read this over...it comes across a bit pious doesn't it. Well to show that I'm not without faults I'll admit that the jeans I'm wearing were likely made in China or somewhere with even lower labour standards...and I drove today alone today instead of car pooling....so there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment